9, quai Marcel Dassault - B.P. 310
92156 Suresnes Cedex – FRANCE
Tel : +33 1 40 99 40 99
Fax : +33 1 42 04 45 81
Manager, Industry Analyst Relations
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dassault Systèmes (DS) is a public company listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges.
Product Family Description:
DS is a leading supplier of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. DS software applications address a wide range of products, from apparel, consumer goods, machine parts and semiconductors to automobiles, aircraft, ships and factories. Its customer base includes companies primarily in eleven sectors: automotive; aerospace; industrial equipment; consumer goods; high-tech; power, process and petroleum; shipbuilding; consumer packaged goods, life sciences, architecture and construction, and services. DS brands are CATIA, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA 3DVIA, and SolidWorks.
DS’ PLM software and services are designed to help enable customers to simulate, in a 3D collaborative environment, the entire lifecycle of a product, from its conceptual stage through development, manufacturing and usage in service. These PLM solutions help facilitate the simultaneous collaboration of the many different functions involved in PLM: engineering, strategy, marketing and sales, planning and production, procurement, finance and human resources, as well as throughout the supply chain.
CATIA is DS’ PLM solution for virtual/digital product design and definition. CATIA is an integrated system that allows users to tailor their product development functionalities to their particular needs. DS has developed many CATIA products that address the specific needs of each of targeted markets. CATIA supports a process-centric product design portfolio and collaboration across the design process. The primary domains addressed by CATIA include: mechanical design, shape design and styling, product synthesis, equipment and systems engineering and machining analysis.
ENOVIA is DS’ solution addressing global collaborative environment for business process optimization. ENOVIA provides a set of integrated solutions to help customers create a collaborative digital enterprise. IT enables companies to establish unique workspaces for enterprise-wide integration of design, engineering and manufacturing, manage their digital products at each stage of the lifecycle, and simulate specific processes.
The three product lines within the ENOVIA brand include:
- ENOVIA MatrixOne: Designed to help enable Collaborative Business Process for enterprises and enable large-scale collaboration using industry specific solutions.
- ENOVIA VPLM: 3D Designed to help enable Collaborative Virtual Product Lifecycle Management of complex product, resources and manufacturing processes in medium and large extended enterprises. It helps enable configured digital mock-ups and design in context to accelerate innovation.
- ENOVIA SmarTeam: Designed to help enable Collaborative Product Data Management for small- and mid-sized enterprises, engineering departments of larger organizations and across supply chains. It offers integration with CATIA and other tools for multi-CAD design data management.
DELMIA – Designed to provide Virtual production for manufacturing performance covering both PLM digital manufacturing solutions and automation solutions. DELMIA PLM is designed to enable manufacturers to virtually define, plan, create, monitor and control production processes before actual production takes place. The primary domains addressed by DELMIA PLM digital manufacturing solutions include: process planning (such as layout planning, time measurement, cost analysis, factory line balancing), process detailing and validation (such as assembly sequences, factory/cell layouts and machining operations) and resource modeling and simulation (such as robots, tooling, fixtures, automation components and operations’ ergonomics).
SIMULIA – Designed to support Virtual product testing for engineering quality, it provides realistic simulation designed to allow companies to reduce the number of physical prototypes. This suite of software for finite element analysis (FEA) allows engineering organizations to create and test virtual prototypes of complex products and processes. The SIMULIA brand includes Abaqus and other Dassault Systemes simulation offerings.
3DVIA - Designed to enable wide spread usage of 3D information and to provide online 3D lifelike experiences. It is intended for use by consumer and professional communities to allow anyone to imagine, play, and experience consumer products and services as used in their daily lives through online services.
SolidWorks - SolidWorks products are used by companies in the machinery, medical, consumer, mold, tool and die, electrical and power industries and by suppliers to the aerospace and automotive industries. SolidWorks products span 3D mechanical design solutions, design validation tools, product data management, design communication and collaboration, and 3D online catalog solutions and are generally sold to customers as a suite of products, scaled to their needs. The SolidWorks Office suite of products is designed to provide better ease of use with 2D and 3D design tools.
The SolidWorks suite includes the products described below.
- SolidWorks 3D mechanical design software: 2D and 3D design capabilities
- SolidWorks Office Professional: core productivity tools including SolidWorks 3D mechanical design software, a full range of design communication and CAD productivity tools such as Toolbox, PhotoWorks, SolidWorks Animator, eDrawings Professional and PDMWorks, a product data management solution that is adapted to managing SolidWorks product data for the individual or workgroup; and
- SolidWorks Office Premium: a 3D product design solution, providing product design teams with design engineering, data management, and communications tools. SolidWorks Office Premium provides all of the capabilities included in SolidWorks Office Professional, plus the tools offered by COSMOSWorks Designer design validation, COSMOSMotion simulation, and SolidWorks Routing add-on modules.
- PDMWorks Enterprise: a product data management software product that helps design teams manage and share product data across multiple locations. PDMWorks Enterprise manages the design process by providing Windows-based, data access and automated engineering process control.
Primary Markets and Focuses
The primary markets for Dassault Systemes are as follows:
- Architecture & Construction
- Consumer Goods
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Industrial Equipment
- Life Sciences
- Power Process & Petroleum
Sample Customer List:
Dassault Systemes has over 100,000 customers, across 11 business sectors. A sample list of DS customers is as follows:
3M, Adidas, Agere, Agilent Technologies, Aisin Seiko Co., Alstom Power, Areva, AVIC, BAE Systems, Barilla, Beneteau, Bobst, BMW, Boeing, Bombardier, Claas, Clarion, Coca-Cola, DaimlerChrysler, Dassault Aviation, Ford, Framatome, Fujitsu, Gap, GE Healthcare, General Dynamics Bath Iron Works, General Motors, Gehry Partners, Goodyear, Guess, Hitachi, Honda, Honeywell, Hydro Quebec, Hyundai Kia Motor Corp, Johnson Controls, Kobelco, Kodak, Lockheed Martin, Matsushita Panasonic, Metso, MeyerWerft, Michelin, Mitsubishi Motors, Musee Quai Branly, New Balance, Nikon, Nokia, Northrop Grumman Newport News, Philips, Pioneer, Procter & Gamble, PSA, Raytheon, Renault, Safran, Samsonite, Samsung Heavy Industries, Schuler, Shell, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, STMicroelectronics, Tata Motors, Toyota Motor, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Group, Yantai Raffles
Please visit www.3ds.com for customer details.
Technology Partnerships include: 3DConnection, Advanced Micro Devices, Dell, Fujitsu Siemens Computers, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Silicon Graphics and Sun. Dassault Systemes has a multilevel software partnership program which accommodates various types of relationships. For full lists of DS Software and Technology partners please visit www.3ds.com/alliances/