CIMdata | Global Leaders in PLM Consulting

20 July 2007

CIMdata PLM Industry Summary

News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management

Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com

CIMdata Resources

This Week from CIMdata

CIMdata The Global Leader in PLM Consulting

For Industrial Organizations

CIMdata helps industrial organizations establish effective PLM strategies, assists in the identification of requirements and selection of PLM technologies, helps organizations optimize their operational structure and processes to implement solutions, and assists in the deployment of these solutions.

For Suppliers of Technologies and Services

For PLM solution suppliers, CIMdata helps define business and market strategies, delivers worldwide market information and analyses, provides education and support for internal sales and marketing teams, as well as overall support at all stages of business and product programs to make them optimally effective in their markets.

PLM News: Contents

Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.

Download the PLM Late-Breaking News (PDF)

Acquisitions

CIMdata News

Company News

Events News

Financial News

Implementation Investments

Product News

CIMdata Online Polls

CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.

Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.

The results for the last opinion poll are:

CIMdata's Analysis of Results:

CIMdata recently polled users asking the question “How is your PLM initiative positioned within your organization?” In response, 24% indicated that PLM was an enterprise level IT system and 36% stated that PLM was enabling business processes. This combined 60% reflect that PLM has become more than just an engineering solution - it is important to the entire business. Another 32% indicated that PLM is being used as an engineering database. PLM is becoming a necessary part of the overall business environment that is being used and leveraged across the enterprise to enable innovation and business competitiveness as well as improving product development. Reflecting PLM’s growth in importance to the enterprise, over 57% of the responses indicated that their companies have established a PLM vision and strategy – key factors for long term successful PLM implementation.

More Information on CIMdata and PLM

Get Started with CIMdata Consulting

See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.

Read CIMdata's Complimentary Reports

Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.

Newsletter Information

View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.

Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at c.bennett@cimdata.com.

CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.

Unsubscribe | Subscribe