CIMdata Numerical Control (NC) Market Service
Provides Information Critical to Successful Strategies and Sound Business Decisions
The primary beneficiaries of The NC Software Market Service are NC software vendors, providing essential information to those firms developing strategic, market, and product plans. It is an important source of information for vendors or venture capitalists considering entry or expansion into the CAM software field or relationships with NC software vendors, large manufacturing companies using NC software, independent research organizations, libraries, and universities providing a manufacturing program. The CIMdata NC Software Market Service begins on April 1 each year and is composed of three major elements:
- Generalized deliverables including industry news, position statements and research reports.
- An annual NC Software and Related Services Market Assessment Report
- A call-in service for NC market-related information
Please note that the report can be purchased separately.
CIMdata Numerical Control (NC) Market Service
Printable Datasheet (A4, PDF, 185KB)
New Subscription - US $3495 / year
Renewal Subscription - US $2995 / year
As a member of the service you receive:
PLM Late-Breaking News—A daily electronic newsletter that provides up-to-the-minute information on the market, products, events, sales announcements, and PLM providers along with CIMdata commentary on key events.
Weekly PLM Industry Summary—A compilation of news and announcements provided in the daily PLM Late-Breaking News. Published weekly, it serves as an abridged reference for major developments in the industry.
Position Statements—Concise reports summarizing CIMdata’s expert analysis of the issues, trends, technologies, and events taking place in the PLM marketplace, with commentary on their impact for end users and the industry as a whole.
CIMdata Research Reports—You receive copies and updates of all CIMdata PLM industry research reports including:
- Ongoing Research Reports—Periodic research reports that address timely and major issues and trends within the NC industry. In addition, you receive vendor and product assessments, copies of all position papers and other white papers that CIMdata publishes during the year.
CIMdata’s Annual NC Market Analysis Report—The Market Assessment Report provides the only comprehensive market analysis of the worldwide NC software and related services marketplace available in the industry. It includes extensive information on the market size, trends and segmentation, authoritative rankings of NC software vendors, and results of targeted market surveys. Individual vendors are discussed. The Market Assessment Report contains approximately 200 pages and numerous charts and tables including:
- Market trends and observations by CIMdata including trends in the NC software market, NC software technology, software programming, NC machining operations, and software marketing and sales
- Worldwide NC software and related services market sizing based on vendor revenues and the associated growth rates over a rolling seven-year period
- Segmentation of the NC software market in a variety of ways including distribution by geography, industry, company size, sales channel, type of product produced, programming time by machining operation, type of CAM programmer, degree of automation, and by CAM product function
- A discussion of PLM and its relationship to CAM
- A discussion of worldwide manufacturing and the China conundrum
- Rankings of the largest NC software vendors on the basis of revenue received and associated market share at the vendor level, vendor rankings within specific geographical locations, and by type of vendor
- Ranking of vendors by brand
- The most rapidly-growing NC software vendors and the annual growth rate of each
- Worldwide NC software and related services past and future, projected market sizing at the end-user level along with the associated growth rates and also prior year estimates and forecasts
- Rankings of the largest 30 NC software vendors by end-user payments and the associated market share at the end-user level
- Sizing and growth of NC software-related VAR and OEM markets
- Rankings of vendors on the basis of industrial and educational software licenses shipped and installed base.
- NC software licenses shipped and installed base at year-end
- Rankings of vendors by resources employed and numbers of resellers
The Market Assessment Report is updated on an annual basis. With each update, the precision of the estimates is increased and the reports are expanded to include additional market-related material. This continuous improvement provides added value to the user. The first report, Version 1, was issued in 1Q94. Additional information is provided in each annual update.
This report can be purchased as a non-subscription product for US $2695. Order Online Now.
Call-In Service to Answer Your Questions — Personal access to CIMdata’s consultants and their expertise. The annual call-in service permits the subscriber to query CIMdata about NC software market-related issues. The response will be within the constraints of the Service and should not require more than two hours of research per inquiry. For those questions requiring additional research efforts, CIMdata will provide a time and cost estimate to the subscriber.